Monday, November 12, 2012

My first year with this project.



   So, this spring I had a woman tell me that I should do what I am passionate about. She told me this after I came to tears about my story with breastfeeding both of my sons. Over the last *a-hem* 6 mos that I haven't posted anything, I have been trying to work with women to set up times, but life would happen on both our parts & I didn't get too many subjects, but I kept trying. I kept talking about the project, kept encouraging the mothers I talked to that were still breastfeeding & helped mothers who needed help. Since this summer, I have been taking care of my family & with any mother who has little ones knows, life can get the best of you & sometimes you need to focus on that & put other things aside. When I wasn't taking actual photos, I have been brainstorming how to put this together for the end of the year. Every time I thought about just writing anything for the blog, I would find myself discouraged about not having photographed anything new & not write at all. After having a talk with my husband within the last the few weeks & a good nudge from a mother I admire in her own work & empowerment, I finally started writing again, especially since it looks like she may have made me busy for the end of the year with her awesome tag about my needing mothers & their stories. Thank you, Juliea.

No comments:

Post a Comment